David Energy is creating a new kind of energy company. Traditional Retail Electricity Providers are outdated, opaque, and painful for customers to engage with. We are using software driven solutions to create an entirely new way of doing business in this space and build a category defining company. Our mission is to give energy customers greater transparency and control while creating a cheaper, cleaner, more reliable electricity grid.
Our success will depend on aggregating and analyzing data to properly dispatch and manage users’ assets (such as battery storage, HVAC, and solar) in real-time energy markets to provide the customer with the most value possible. We are looking for an experienced backend engineer who can spearhead the development of our platform.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and hands on leader who wants to build the foundations of a world class software organization. We want someone with an innate curiosity who would enjoy getting up to speed on energy quickly in order to approach this sector in a new way.
As a Software Engineer, you will be creating an energy management platform that is a first of its kind. The role reports to the CTO and will be located at our HQ in our Brooklyn, NY offices.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems across the stack
- Participate in the design and implementation of all data initiatives including ETL/data pipeline building
- Iterate rapidly on features and tools
- Work closely with the product and automation teams
- BS in Computer Science
- 4-5 years experience as a software engineer
- Familiarity with Python, Flask, AWS , Postgresql
- In-depth understanding of the development process (design, development, deployment)
- Generalist mindset – wants to learn and evolve, and not be siloed to one domain
- Experience working on an Agile team to ship MVPs and iterate on them over time
- Ability to work together well within a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision