David Energy is creating a new kind of energy company. Traditional Retail Electricity Providers are outdated, opaque, and painful for customers to engage with. We are using software driven solutions to create an entirely new way of doing business in this space and build a category defining company. Our mission is to give energy customers greater transparency and control while creating a cheaper, cleaner, more reliable electricity grid.
We are seeking a Senior Sustainability Engineer in Brooklyn, NY for green building certification and compliance projects.
- Administer David Energy’s ongoing and future green building certifications projects from start to finish, including but not limited to: LEED for New Construction and Existing Buildings, Arc Skoru, Enterprise Green Communities, Energy Star, and Fitwel. Perform the tests and audits for certifications, manage internal and external stakeholder communications for project management
- Monitor David Energy’s extensive roster of clients for annual compliance with the energy and sustainability local law mandates, including but not limited to Local Law 88, Local Law 33, Local Law 84, Local Law 97. Work with clients to ensure accuracy of data, manage violations, create materials for tenant education and engagement on local laws and organize tenant & landlord trainings
- Calculate and report Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions for commercial and multifamily buildings annually, provide performance reports along with recommendations for performance improvement
- Delivery annual sustainability reporting projects for David Energy’s core clients, work with real estate owners and assist them with developing and implementing sustainability goals and plans
- Develop the company’s proprietary real time energy management platform’s sustainability dashboard: identify the key performance metrics and sustainability trends for C-suite, prepare specs for the software team, strategize reporting and content
- Develop David Energy’s sustainability programs and products, in addition to related strategies and policies, maintain current knowledge on sustainability trends, issues, opportunities, and barriers within the energy and building sectors, stay up-to-date of emerging trends and best practices, track and analyze trends in sustainability
- Pursue funding opportunities for David Energy and administer incentive applications for David Energy’s core clients
Master’s in Sustainability Management or 2 plus years experience in client compliance, calculating GHG emissions, reporting, and developing sustainability dashboards + LEED AP BD&C and O&M, Fitwel Ambassador certifications.