David Energy is creating a new kind of energy company. Traditional Retail Electricity Providers are outdated, opaque, and painful for customers to engage with. We are using software driven solutions to create an entirely new way of doing business in this space and build a category defining company. Our mission is to give energy customers greater transparency and control while creating a cheaper, cleaner, more reliable electricity grid.
Our success will depend on aggregating and analyzing data to properly dispatch and manage users’ assets (such as battery storage, HVAC, and solar) in real-time energy markets to provide the customer with the most value possible. We are looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer who can spearhead the development of our user interface.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and hands on individual contributor who wants to build the foundations of a world class software organization. We want someone with an innate curiosity who would enjoy getting up to speed on energy quickly in order to approach this sector in a new way.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be creating an energy management platform that is a first of its kind. The role reports to the head of engineering and will be located at our HQ in our Brooklyn, NY offices.
- Create and own our web apps and frontend
- Iterate rapidly on features, tools, and processes
- Design a framework for creating user apps that grows with the needs of the company
- Work closely with the product and automation teams
- Participate in the design and implementation of how the product will look
- 3+ years experience in the industry
- In-depth understanding of the development process (design, development, deployment)
- Generalist mindset – wants to learn and evolve, and not be siloed to one domain
- Experience working on an Agile team to ship MVPs and iterate on them over time
- Obsessed with building beautiful and intuitive user interfaces
- Ability to work together well within a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- React experience is a plus
- Backend experience is a plus