David Energy is creating a new kind of energy company. Traditional Retail Electricity Providers are outdated, opaque, and painful for customers to engage with. We are using software driven solutions to create an entirely new way of doing business in this space and build a category defining company. Our mission is to give energy customers greater transparency and control while creating a cheaper, cleaner, more reliable electricity grid.
We are seeking a Senior Energy Systems Engineer for commercial and residential building projects.
- Conduct energy audits and site assessments of commercial and residential building systems to evaluate energy usage patterns and identify energy conservation measures (ECMs)
- Perform energy efficiency analyses for ASHRAE Level I, II, and III audits, and compliance with Local Law 87 of New York
- Create building-wide energy reduction plans by conducting energy use analyses of building and facility systems using analytical tools
- Communicate energy reduction plans to clients, including building managers and senior management
- Develop and expand analytical tool templates and energy audit procedures for the energy audit team
- Submit and manage incentive applications to federal, state and local incentive programs in NY, NJ and MA to facilitate implementation of ECMs
- Enroll customers in NYISO, Con Edison, PJM, and NEISO demand response programs
- Manage demand response events and liaison with customers to effectively execute demand response commitments and drive revenue streams
- Manage the audit and implementation team, consisting of project engineers, interns, and administrative staff
- Support other internal teams as required to meet the company’s goals
Master’s in Energy Science or 5 plus years relevent experience in: energy modeling and statistical analysis and advanced understanding of energy efficiency concepts, HVAC systems, distributed energy systems, and utility, state and federal energy efficiency and demand response programs + Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and Existing Building Commissioning Professional (EBCP) certifications.