David Energy is creating a new kind of energy company. Traditional Retail Electricity Providers are outdated, opaque, and painful for customers to engage with. We are using software driven solutions to create an entirely new way of doing business in this space and build a category defining company. Our mission is to give energy customers greater transparency and control while creating a cheaper, cleaner, more reliable electricity grid.
We are looking for a contract or full-time candidate experienced in quantitative analysis who can supercharge the development of our retail risk and optimization platform. Our success will depend on aggregating and analyzing large sets of data to properly dispatch and manage users’ assets (such as battery storage, HVAC, and solar) in real-time energy markets to provide the customer with the most value possible. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and hands on leader who brings experience building quantitative tools in the wholesale and retail power market.
This candidate will utilize his or her development expertise to create scalable solutions for the Supply team. In this role, you will be developing an energy management platform that is a first of its kind. The role reports to the VP of Supply and can be remote.
- Expand and develop the pricing, hedging, and supply platform
- Create tools and reporting to illuminate arbitrage opportunities and risk exposure
- Develop an expansive hourly load forecasting model
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems across the stack
- Create and design the underlying database infrastructure required for scalability
- Iterate rapidly on features and tools
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or another technical discipline
2-3 years experience in a previous quantitative role, preferably in wholesale or retail energy
Strong capabilities in Excel VBA, Python, AWS, and PostgreSQL
In-depth understanding of the development process (design, development, deployment)
Generalist mindset – wants to learn and evolve, and not be siloed to one domain
Ability to work together well within a team
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Tenacity and a penchant for hitting or beating deadline