David Energy is creating a new kind of energy company. Traditional Retail Electricity Providers are outdated, opaque, and painful for customers to engage with. We are using software driven solutions to create an entirely new way of doing business in this space and build a category defining company. Our mission is to give energy customers greater transparency and control while creating a cheaper, cleaner, more reliable electricity grid.
Mycor is a holistic, technology agnostic energy management software platform that coordinates users’ onsite energy assets such as battery storage, HVAC, cogeneration, and solar with energy markets in real-time. As a retail electricity provider, we use the information provided by Mycor to intimately understand and control user demand, which helps us intelligently procure their supply in wholesale energy markets. We can then aggregate these user assets into a “virtual power plant” to help us transact in energy markets.
Our success depends on creating innovative contract structures that integrate savings from onsite assets into traditional electricity supply contracts. We are looking for an experienced “REP President” who can spearhead our entire retail electricity division from the ground up.
As REP President, you will be creating the future model not only of retail contract structures, but how energy companies interact with their customers in general. The ideal candidate will have a passion for how this space is changing and being creative while being excited to roll their sleeves up in a fast-paced startup environment. The role reports to the CEO and will be located at our HQ in our Brooklyn, NY offices. Learn more about David Energy’s mission here.
- Register as an ESCO in NYISO and PJM and identify other markets to potentially expand into
- Negotiate and secure credit sleeves from larger energy groups
- Set up EDI, billing, and testing
- Work with various counterparties (client, financier, and commodities desks) to create contract structures that take into account onsite demand management savings with wholesale market hedging strategies
- Build pricing models from scratch
- Build the team and manage the retail division over time
- 8+ years experience in retail electricity: market analytics, structured transactions, power and gas commodities trading
- Experience in retail electricity business development such as contract origination and sales
- BS/BA or MBA
- Experience working with demand response, frequency regulation, and any other ancillary services markets
- Knowledge of microgrids and various onsite energy asset markets