David Energy is creating a new kind of energy company. Traditional Retail Electricity Providers are outdated, opaque, and painful for customers to engage with. We are using software driven solutions to create an entirely new way of doing business in this space and build a category defining company. Our mission is to give energy customers greater transparency and control while creating a cheaper, cleaner, more reliable electricity grid.
We are looking for an experienced Head of BD with the ability to build a world class sales organization from the ground up. This role requires someone who can not only sell a product, but who will help shape the direction of the company and product, assess the competition, and position David Energy as an industry leader. You should feel comfortable leading in an evolving environment with multiple work streams, such as communicating to our engineering and retail teams customer needs in order to create strategies around scaling our software platform.
David Energy is a company that spans multiple disciplines and sectors. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic thinker that’s excited to learn new things while rolling their sleeves up in a fast-paced startup environment. As Head of BD, you will be creating the future model of how energy companies interact with their customers. The role reports to the CEO and will be located at our HQ in our Brooklyn, NY offices.
- Identify acquisition channels and sales strategies to source more projects. Develop partnerships with microgrid/DER project developers and define marketing approaches
- Create persuasive customer proposals using market trends, case studies and David Energy solutions
- Set goals, actively measure impact of initiatives and ensure alignment with broader business
- Partner with product teams and all cross-functional teams to act as point of contact and deliver collected and consolidated information that prioritizes customer requests
- Hone in on relevant trends and opportunities in order to craft business cases that support any new requests and/or changes that alter product vision/roadmap
- 5+ years of experience in Sales, Partnerships, Marketing, Customer Acquisition, and Growth
- 3+ years experience in enterprise software/SaaS
- 3+ years experience in the energy sector
- Track record of reaching and exceeding business targets
- Experience introducing performance measures, processes and systems
- Execute in an intense, fast-paced, and highly iterative environment
- Experience working with marketing decision makers in companies and agencies
- Experience navigating, building pricing strategies, and enforcing contracts
- BS or BA Degre
- 3+ years experience as proven strategic trusted advisor working with C-Level clients