David Energy is creating a new kind of energy company. Traditional Retail Electricity Providers are outdated, opaque, and painful for customers to engage with. We are using software driven solutions to create an entirely new way of doing business in this space and build a category defining company. Our mission is to give energy customers greater transparency and control while creating a cheaper, cleaner, more reliable electricity grid.
Our success depends on the ability of our software platform to properly dispatch and manage user’s assets in energy markets, optimizing an asset’s value stack in real time to provide the customer with the most value possible. We are looking for an experienced Energy Systems Application Engineer who can do the project management and onsite integration work to link these user assets into our cloud based machine learning platform.
We are creating the future of energy by giving users more control over their energy consumption than ever before. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology while being excited to roll their sleeves up in a fast-paced startup environment.
As an Energy Systems Application Engineer, you will be creating an energy management platform that is a first of its kind. The role reports to the CTO and will be located at our HQ in our Brooklyn, NY offices.
- Designing (i.e. writing sequence of operations, design wiring/riser diagrams, perform system commissioning and build O&M) of building automation and energy management systems
- Reading engineering drawings (mechanical, electrical, etc.) and engineering specifications for different building systems
- Attend on-site meetings with different contractors and building staff, and coordinating with the in-office software team in delivering and commissioning a project
- Provide technical support to sales team and attend client meetings to educate customers in the sales process
- Experience with energy management systems and design/implementation of energy efficiency measures
- Startup, testing and commissioning of our real-time energy management system
- Conduct retro-commissioning and ongoing energy management using our real-time energy management system as a tool to provide building staff with actionable insight
- Provide training to clients and building staff
- 5+ years of experience with project design, management, and sales
- 3+ years experience with Tridium Niagara,
- 3+ years of experience with 3rd party integration using BACnet, Modbus and other common protocols & knowledge of IP based networks (LONworks, RESTfull API, JSON, etc.)
- Experience with different design programs such as Visio and AutoCAD
- Familiar with controllers/devices needed for control systems such as sensors, relays, actuators, controllers, etc as well as of energy systems and metering
- Knowledge of typical energy savings opportunities in commercial and industrial buildings
- BS/MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience in sales engineering
- Experience with DG Lux and Skyspark platforms