David Energy is creating a new kind of energy company. Traditional Retail Electricity Providers are outdated, opaque, and painful for customers to engage with. We are using software driven solutions to create an entirely new way of doing business in this space and build a category defining company. Our mission is to give energy customers greater transparency and control while creating a cheaper, cleaner, more reliable electricity grid.
Our success will depend on acquiring customers and getting access to their devices such as battery storage, HVAC, and solar to create a defensible network effect via aggregation of these assets. We are looking for an experienced Director of Sales who can spearhead the development of our broker channel while assisting on direct sales.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and hands on leader who wants to build the foundations of a world class sales organization. We want someone with an innate curiosity who would enjoy learning quickly in order to approach this sector in a new way.
As a Director of Sales, you will be leveraging an energy management platform that is a first of its kind to help drive new sales. The role reports to the Head of Retail and will be located at our HQ in our Brooklyn, NY offices.
- Originate, onboard, and build new broker relationships
- Educate brokers and customers through live software demos of David Energy’s Mycor product and detailed proposal analysis during onboarding and sales process
- Receive requests for bids from brokers and work with the engineering and supply teams to build proposals
- Drive sales strategy, including targeting customer segments and overall channel strategy
- Assist in direct outreach to customers, either from digital marketing generated leads or cold calling
- Work closely with the engineering and automation teams in order to provide feedback on customer product requests
- Inform sales and pricing strategy based on feedback during bidding process
Willultimately be responsible for building out a broker desk team to support broker relationships and ensure timely and accurate responses for bids
Meeting annual new and renewal margin targets for direct and indirect sales
Cross selling new and existing customers other services including battery storage, solar, back up generation etc
Reviewing monthly commission statements for brokers
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 10+ years experience in broker channel sales in the retail energy space
- Extensive network of SMB and C&I brokers in PJM, NEISO, NYISO, and ERCOT
- In-depth understanding of the entire sales and digital marketing process
- Generalist mindset – wants to learn and evolve, and not be siloed to one domain or approach
- Ability to work well within a team and cross-functionally
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision