David Energy is creating a new kind of energy company. Traditional Retail Electricity Providers are outdated, opaque, and painful for customers to engage with. We are using software driven solutions to create an entirely new way of doing business in this space and build a category defining company. Our mission is to give energy customers greater transparency and control while creating a cheaper, cleaner, more reliable electricity grid.
Mycor is a holistic, technology agnostic energy management software platform that coordinates users’ onsite energy assets such as battery storage, HVAC, generators, and solar with energy markets in real-time. As a retail electricity provider, we use the information provided by Mycor to intimately understand and control user demand, which helps us intelligently procure their supply in wholesale energy markets and provide cheaper and more flexible contracts to customers.
Our success depends on creating innovative contract structures that integrate savings from onsite assets into traditional electricity supply contracts. We are looking for an experienced Head of Supply who can effectively manage our portfolio around these sources of flexible demand.
As Heady of Supply, you will be creating the future model not only of retail contract structures, but how energy companies interact with their customers in general. The ideal candidate will have a passion for how this space is changing and being creative while being excited to roll their sleeves up in a fast-paced startup environment. The role reports to the CEO and will be located at our HQ in our Brooklyn, NY offices. Learn more about David Energy’s mission here.
- Build pricing models from scratch that take into account energy arbitrage opportunities and capacity tag management of onsite energy assets across all market areas
- Work with sales team on pricing strategy for new customer acquisition
- Manage load forecasting and scheduling process for the customer portfolio
- Work with various counterparties on deal structuring to leverage onsite demand management savings with wholesale market hedging strategies
- Develop and maintain transactable Power and Natural Gas forward curves
- Manage new market entry research, analytics and pricing strategy, products and risk management models and processes
- Manage risk appropriately as our customer book begins to grow
- Procure commodity with our credit provider and their wholesale power desk
- 8+ years experience in retail electricity
- Expert in power and gas commodities trading
- Strong working knowledge of ERCOT, NYISO, PJM, ISO-NE markets
- BS/BA or MBA
- Experience working with demand response, frequency regulation, and any other ancillary services markets
- Knowledge of microgrids and various onsite energy asset markets