Sales Development Representative
David Energy is creating a new kind of energy company. Legacy electricity providers are opaque, outdated, and painful for customers to engage with. We approach energy differently, offering customers visibility, savings, and peace of mind. We use software to monitor our customer facilities and we aggregate and analyze that data to maximize the value they get from their energy assets (such as smart thermostats, HVAC, EV chargers, and more) via participation in energy markets. Our mission is to give customers greater transparency and control while creating a cheaper, cleaner, more reliable electricity grid.
We are seeking a Sale Development Representative who will be responsible for generating top of funnel demo calls in our target segments - multi-location mid-market brands in fitness, food + beverage, and retail. This role is geared towards someone with 1-3 years of experience in sales.
- Utilize existing sales tools and processes to generate 3-4 meetings per week for the existing AE team.
- Make 50-60 calls per day to cold prospects, mixing in email and linkedin outreach as well
- Attend trade shows + industry events to generate leads in our target segments
- Educate potential customers on the power of our software and clear articulation of our value proposition to customers.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and marketing to share customer insights in a timely fashion, ensuring we are constantly improving our customer offering
- Help refine our sales process to ensure an excellent customer buying journey
- Utilize creativity to unlock new sales strategies, especially for top of the funnel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience as an SDR/BDR
- Proficiency with Google Suite and commonly used CRMs (Salesforce, HubSpot, etc.)
- Experience with software products and services, and ideally experience selling into the franchising space.
- Prior experience as an early employee at a startup a plus
- Excitement about bringing the power of software to disrupt old and clunky industries like energy
- Base salary range of $75,000 – $85,000 not including incentive compensation, plus equity
- Group medical and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation/PTO policy
- Hybrid office culture, with team members remote and working from our offices in Brooklyn, New York